© All rights reserved
Lake Area Independent Winterguard is happy to announce that we will be offering a scholarship for an individual competing with a Drum Corps International affiliated organization during the 2019 season that is spinning with an LMCGPC Color Guard Unit during the 2019 season!
Part of Lake Area Independent's mission is to provide educational opportunities for young performers in the gulf coast region. The Board of Directors of Lake Area Independent decided to offer this scholarship as a means of helping a member that is financially in need while representing our area on a nationally competitive stage. Although this scholarship is being offered by Lake Area Independent, it is open for ALL members of LMCGPC color guards that will be marching drum corps to apply. The requirements and qualifications for the scholarship are below.
• MUST be a member of a 2019 LMCGPC scholastic OR independent color guard unit
• MUST have a member contract OR have received a callback for a DCI drum corps for the 2019 season
The value of the scholarship is a $500 donation to the recipient's drum corps fees that will be directly paid to the drum corps once the recipient provides proof of a signed member contract.
How to Apply for this Scholarship:
• Fill out the application by clicking the button below
• Send an email to email@example.com with the following items:
- A letter of recommendation from someone (such as a color guard instructor or a band director) explaining why you are deserving of this scholarship
- Proof of contracted membership or callback from the intended corps
Applications will be reviewed by the following committee members for impartiality:
• Michael Moore - Lake Area Independent Board Member
• Craig Byers - LMCGPC Executive Director
• Nicole West - Executive Director of Reverie Productions, Inc (an independent winter guard organization in Atlanta, GA)
Should you have any questions regarding this scholarship or the application process, please contact Lake Area Independent Executive Director Patrice Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Applications are due on March 16, 2019 at 11:59pm. *
**Recipient will be announced on March 30, 2019 at the LMCGPC Color Guard Championships **